Majestic Garden Route & Klein Karoo Tour - 4 DaysRate: ZAR 11200 Per Person Sharing | ZAR 12300 Single
The Garden Route is a popular and scenic stretch of the south-eastern coast of South Africa. It stretches from Mossel Bay in the Western Cape to the Storms River which is crossed along the N2 coastal highway over the Paul Sauer Bridge in the extreme western reach of the neighbouring Eastern Cape.
Embark on an extraordinary journey via the Karoo town of Oudtshoorn proceeding along one of the most beautiful stretches of South Africa’s coastline back to Cape Town.
ZAR 11200 Per Person Sharing | ZAR 12300 Single
- Scenic drive via the Wine Region & Klein Karoo (Route 62)
- Quaint and Charming Towns
- Breath-taking Scenery and Views
- Encounters with Nature’s finest
- Cango Caves
- Nature Reserves and Forests
- Curio Shops
Includes: Tour in air conditioned vehicle with registered Tourist Guide | Superior Accommodation |
3 Breakfasts | 3 Lunches | 3 Dinners | Entrance Fees
Excludes: Beverages | Items of personal nature
Baggage Allowed: One suitcase & one shoulder bag
Duration: 4 Days
Enquire about ending your tour in Port Elizabeth.
Enquire about ending your tour at Cape Town International Airport.
For groups of four or more, enquire about alternative departure days (subject to availability).
The Garden Route Tour departs from Cape Town.
Tuesdays +/- 08h15 to Fridays +/- 18h30
Please Note: Advance payment required. Not recommended for children under 4 years. Children 4 to 12 years pay 75%. We cannot guarantee the availability and schedule of 3rd party operators. We reserve the right to utilize the services of an alternative service provider. Pick up and drop off for all tours is free from certain central areas. Please check when booking tours if your pick up and drop off point is free of charge. For Terms & Conditions please contact AfriVest Travel or visit www.afrivesttravel.co.za.
Please note that we cannot guarantee any specific animal sightings or interaction with animals as these animals are all in their natural habitat and wild. This also applies to any tour where we advertise interaction with animals in conservation projects. AfriVest Travel reserves the right to terminate tour services if children are not behaving properly or causing disturbance. Entrance fees charged by third party service providers may be charged for children under 12 years. In order to qualify for children’s rates (when children’s rates are available), the child must be accompanied on the tour by 2 adults. Children under 8 years are only permitted on game drives on a private tour, and on certain tours at the discretion of AfriVest Travel and third party service providers.
Day 1 | Tuesday | Cape Town | Route 62 | Oudtshoorn
- Morning departure from Cape Town.
- Travel over the Du Toit’s Kloof Mountain pass along Route 62 – the longest wine route in the world.
We stop for a wine tasting & delightful lunch.
- Travel through the Little Karoo to Oudtshoorn, which is the Ostrich & Feather capital of the world!
- Tour Highgate Ostrich Farm and have the opportunity to sit on and ride an ostrich.
- Check into your accommodation in the late afternoon before an enjoyable dinner.
- Overnight at the Protea Hotel, Riempie Estate (or similar).
Day 2 | Wednesday | Oudtshoorn | Outeniqua Pass | Knysna
- Visit the world famous Cango Caves.
- Cango Wildlife Ranch (Crocodile and Cheetah farm).
- View Cheetah, Tiger, Lion, Puma, and Jaguar.
- We travel over the Outeniqua Mountains proceeding to Knysna.
- Overnight at the Protea Hotel, Knysna Quays (or similar).
Day 3 | Thursday | Knysna | Mossel Bay
- Enjoy the quaint village of Knysna with free time in the Knysna Waterfront.
- Embark on a 2.5 hour guided boat trip on the Keurbooms.
- Picnic lunch on the beaches of the Keurbooms River.
- We travel to Mossel Bay to the Diaz Museum Complex.
- Spend the afternoon at the swimming pool or stroll along the beach.
- Dinner and overnight at the Mossel Bay Protea Hotel (or similar).
Day 4 | Friday | Mossel Bay | Swellendam | Cape Town
- Botlierskop Private Game reserve for breakfast and a 3-hour open vehicle game drive.
- Possible encounters with Rhinoceros, Lions, Buffalo, Giraffe, the rare Black Impala, Golden Wildebeest, Mountain Zebra, Hippos and more!
- Travel through Swellendam and stop for lunch.
- Stop at one of the local Farm stalls before continuing our scenic route back to Cape Town.